Follow by Email

Monday, 3 March 2014

Think of the Devil and...

True they say that energy follows thought or intent. Else how would have all of them found me one fine day almost 18 long years later. This cannot be just an eerie coincidence. 

Recently I counseled a tenth standard student. She was worried of the fast approaching board exams and I could immediately relate to her thoughts. We chatted for just a few minutes but I thought for hours after that on my own 10th grade. Rolled back in times to my high school. Days when I was good and bad in studies. How abruptly my high-school friends circle had withered out in no time. I thought of each one of them. The cool ones, the cold ones and everyone else in between. 

Beep! I get a notification on facebook. It is that forgotten farewell-day pic an old friend's friend's friend had posted. Surprisingly I could remember most of my class mates. I had clear memory of the farewell day. The first time I wore a saree. That blue kancheevaram silk. The gawky teenager that I was (and continued to be long after teens rolled off). 

I 'liked' the picture. And in rained friends requests from all of them. I felt overwhelmed to be back in the first batch of class 10th of Ryan International School in Delhi. I was in that school just for that one year but have many fond memories despite the odds. I remembered the school's weird norm of a statue bell where you stood still like a statue before resuming to class after recess period. And it was a moment of opportunity to dramatise your act of falling, eating, anything else you fancied. It was a school where nobody knew me but I did not like anonymity so much. But that was exactly what my mother wanted for me. 

Not sure if you know what that means for a teenager who had an active life in sports and cultural activities previously. Well it is like working in India for many years in a very good profile and being offered an intern level job in the Gulf in a totally different field. Well almost that sort of thing. A new comer is a new comer. Anywhere. You need to prove your prowess. And when you are stuck in a highly demanding academic year you can't do much about being an artist or a javelin champion. Can you? I hope you get what I mean. 

I also had a unique stress to deal with. In my previous school among languages I had to learn an easy-scorer Sanskrit and very little Hindi. But here I had a tougher version of the curricula with many Hindi texts to cram. A brand new tough subject to learn and the lack of recognition despite a small, home-like classroom made me go down in spirit and of course grades. On the mark sheet I had the maximum scores in English, rest were non-mentionables. I remember the school's career counselors last words - she is a fish let her swim while monkeys climb the trees. But I was monkeying around in the science stream before I took the final plunge to creative freedom.

I sighed out of the 10th grade mode and got distracted into other notifications.

Now back to energy following thoughts. After adding many new, actually old friends to my list I thought of few new friends who withered away into busy lives just like I did. Just then one pinged! 'Hello madam where are you hiding?' Eyes swept across the screen to check if am showing online. I was.

Sometimes it is just enough that you have your certain thoughts to make you go crazy. Thank god for the smile icons. They are life savers. They pull your thoughts up and direct them to head else where too. 

As I write this I must mention that I am fully aware of what thoughts can do, thanks to energy healing classes that were completed recently. They have made me aware how each thought can manifest into a physical reality.

Will it freak you to know that this write-up can actually energize you to think better?

Sending you warm regards and meaning it.

No comments: