Follow by Email

Wednesday, 20 June 2012

13 Until I Die! [Preface]

This novelog is dedicated to the previous 13 years spent wondering [at life, work and everything in between]. Though I am a decade and more away from that magical age, I do feel like a 13-year-old when I am left all by myself - to explore and unwind while doing that. [Mother says that I haven’t even grown an inch taller since 13 – probably she means only physical height!]

Don’t I feel the loss of a career I loved so much? Asked a few colleagues spilling their fears. Almost everyone was kind enough to congratulate me for having chosen my passion [or the decision to embrace the freedom to be just blu] over 13 years of full time journalism.

Call it an elephantine coincidence. 13 is the coolest number in my life. I was 13 when I met MF Husain [India’s most popular artist who called me ‘little Van Gogh’].

13 years of learning in mass communication was wonder-full. [The first half was damn exciting and the second half spent looking at whatever the hell!].

As I embrace the new freedom I would like to thank my professor and mentor in journalism Ramesh Menon to have said this when I told him about leaving the paper:

“That is great! Only the courageous can do something like this. I am glad that you have the guts to do this and I promise you that it will liberate you like nothing you ever experienced before. You will wonder why you never did it before. Being independent is very tough. There is no cheque coming in at the end of the month, your earnings will fall, but you will live life the way no other colleague of yours can and will.

Celebrate your independence and liberty. Do not compare your earnings with your last pay check. You will be very happy if you do this. And ignore what others say about this move as they do not understand that security and money is not everything."

moi!


to be continued… [in 13 mini chapters ahead]

General disclaimer: Any resemblance to persons living, dead, or reincarnated is not a coincidence. No animals were injured during the making of this novelog although some monkeys may have their feelings hurt. Sorry.




















No comments: